November 12 will mark two years since Disney debuted the Disney+ streaming service. Since then, Disney+ has given fans access to countless classic films and programming, blockbuster new series from the Marvel and Star Wars universes, fascinating documentary series to delight hard core fans, and many other newly created and/or acquired programs.
For the streaming service’s two-year anniversary, Disney has instituted the first of what is expected to be an annual celebration called Disney+ Day. This year’s inaugural Disney+ Day celebration will include the following:
The following titles are scheduled to be released on Disney+ Day:
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone
- An all-new original series of shorts called Olaf Presents, which sees the snowman retelling classic Disney tales
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts including Frozen Fever, and Oscar®-winning shorts Feast and Paperman
- A Luca animated short called Ciao Alberto
- A new short from The Simpsons
- The first five episodes from season two of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future!
- Disney+ subscribers and their party will receive theme park entry thirty minutes early at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- Free PhotoPass downloads and special MagicShots from select locations at WDW and DLR on Nov. 12th (see the full location list in My Disney Experience and the Disneyland apps).
- Special Disney+ character appearances at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Park, and Disney California Adventure (see locations in MDE and Disneyland app).
(Note: Be sure to download the Disney+ app and log in before visiting the parks.)
All Disney+ subscribers will receive these benefits:
- New Grogu AR lens feature launches Nov. 12 in My Disney Experience and can be accessed at home on Disney+ day (available only to Genie+ subscribers after Nov. 12).
- Free shipping on shopDisney Nov. 12 – Nov. 14
- Disney Publishing will offer select $.99 ebooks Nov. 8 – Nov. 17
For Non-Disney+ subscribers, here’s your chance to take the streamer out for a test drive on the cheap. Try it out for one month at $1.99. If you like it, keep it and the price increases to the standard $7.99/month.
Visit Disney Parks Blog for additional information on Disney+ Day.
Will you be in the parks on November 12? If so, let us know how your experience goes by sending us a message on social: