Walt Disney World has presented guests with unforgettable experiences since October 1, 1971 – over five decades. During this time, the resort has grown and expanded as a world-class destination, including four theme parks, two water parks, thirty-some-odd hotels, and countless shopping and dining options.
But over the course of the past fifty-plus years, there have been some favorite experiences that have been closed, canceled, and often replaced. In Disney’s quest to continue providing current, relevant guest experiences, it is inevitable that some favorite attractions eventually see the chopping block.
Come remember some long lost favorites in our Dearly Departed Disney series. We’ll visit former attractions and experiences in Walt Disney World, including Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. We’ll also dip into Disneyland here and there. After all, that’s Walt’s park that started it all.
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- From the Moon to Tomorrow (Flight to the Moon, Mission to Mars, Alien ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter, and Stitch’s Great Escape)
- Rowing the Rivers of America (Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and Mike Fink Keelboats)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Wings Over Tomorrowland (If You Had Wings and Delta Dreamflight)
- Snow White’s Fantasyland Fright
- Main Street Electrical Parade – Back Again!
- The Rise and Fall of the Skyway
- World of Motion
- Energy Extinction (Universe of Energy and Ellen’s Energy Adventure)
- CommuniCore – The Brain of EPCOT
- From Innoventions to Reinvention
- Wonders of Life
Disney Hollywood Studios
Got a loved Disney attraction that has passed on to worlds beyond? Let us know your favorite, and maybe we’ll pay it a tribute! Feel free to reach out with a comment here or on social: